Task stuck in Cancelling status, blocking other tasks

Good Morning,

In our Octopus Cloud instance, we have a task that has been stuck in Cancelling status since 1/10/22, and is blocking other tasks that are queued up. It doesn’t seem to affect the deployments of our projects, but our custom step templates.

I have restarted the tentacle on the target server multiple times, but it hasn’t helped. I don’t know if there is a way for me to delete it, or that something has to be done to the instance in the back end.

Let me know if you need any more information from me.

Thank You.

Hi @blakee,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear that you’re having issues with a stuck task on your Octopus Cloud instance. I’ve taken a quick look at this and can see the stuck task - I can reprovision your instance, which will clear this lock, but it will take your instance offline for 5 - 10 minutes. I can proceed with this immediately, or in your next maintenance window. Please let me know how you would like to proceed, and I’ll kick this off.

Best,

Hi Justin,

You can take our instance offline immediately, We have nothing scheduled during the day.

Thank You!

Thanks @blakee!

You should be all back up now and running the queued tasks - apologies again for the headaches caused by this!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.