Subscriptions - Control When They Report

When setting up a subscription for a time frame in the range of once per hour or once per day, is there a way to set what time the subscriptions run? I understand if it’s set to run every 5 minutes it will start immediately, but I’d like mine to run every day at midnight, or every hour on the hour. Currently if I set it to run once a day or once an hour, it runs based on the time I setup the subscription.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch.

It’s a good idea. Unfortunately there’s no way to configure that sort of behaviour at present. We do have an open GitHub issue where we plan to make subscriptions more extensible, and part of this may allow you to control the frequency to make subscriptions more flexible for you. I’ve added your idea to the bottom of the ticket so we consider this scenario.

The only workaround I can think of would be to roll your own consuming API and setup an Octopus webhook subscription instead. Then you could consume the events that Octopus sends and setup your own logic around how often you action the collected events.

In the meantime, you could consider adding a uservoice suggestion. If your suggestion gets enough community support/votes, we will consider adding just this suggestion as a feature in a future version of Octopus.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mark