Stop progression porgramatically

For a variety of reasons, i need to run automated UI tests after deployment. What I want to do is if those tests fail, prevent the progression of that version.

Looking at the octo.exe docs, I can’t find anything that will let me prevent the progression of Release 10 of Project Foo and I can’t find anything in the swagger api docs that screams at me “stop progression”

Can someone point me at the docs?

Ok so I should have just watched the HTTP requests the UI makes when clicking the prevent progression menu item. You POST to the /api/releases/{id}/defects endpoint with {"Description": "bad stuff"} to prevent progression and you post to /api/releases/{id}/defects/resolve to bring it back. You can’t, apparently, post multiple defects at one time.

Hopefully this will help someone in the future if they’re trying to figure this out.

1 Like

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch! That’s great to hear you got it all sorted, and thanks for taking the time to provide information to help others in the future! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.