Standby Server

We are using single license octopus deploy server with 3.3.6 version. We would like to upgrade octopus server to latest version. We like to have a hot standby server which can be upgraded first and then upgrade the primary server. Would it be possible to setup standby server with single license. We are not intending to use multiple servers, but like to verify the upgrade path on standby server first before we upgrade the primary server. Please let us know if it is possible to setup hot standby server with single server license. thank you.

Hi Shyam,

Thanks for getting in touch. Your license with Octopus entitles you to up to 3 active instances of Octopus running, so long as they have separate databases. Connecting more than one Octopus instance to a database will be considered a High Availability(HA) configuration and will work unless you have a HA license.

So if you wish to set up a separate instance for the purpose of testing your upgrade, you wont have any licensing issues.

Saying that, if you do happen to have any troubles at all with your upgrade, you are more than welcome to get in touch. We are always more than happy to help.

Let me know how you go, or if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Thank you Daniel for the information. Sure, I will get in touch in case I have any troubles with upgrade. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Shyam Vidiyala

Hi Shyam,

No worries at all. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel