Sqlcmd.exe not found when using Ready Roll Template

When I deploy a Ready Roll package I am getting the error : ‘sqlcmd.exe’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

sqlcmd is in my PATH and I can run the command the Octopus project creates on the deployment server by hand… (I.E copy from Error log, RDP to host, open cmd prompt, paste command, works just fine).

Other odd piece is that there is some connectivity to the db because the script can tell if I am trying to create a new db or update an existing one.

I can also run other SQL templates on that host from Octopus.

Hi @mbaker,

Sorry that you’re having this issue, it doesn’t sound quite odd.

It would be useful if you can test the script in the same user context that your Tentacle is running as (SYSTEM by default) as it’s possible that sqlcmd isn’t visible to this user. It would also be useful to do the reverse and test the deployment with Tentacle running under a known good account.

If those options don’t resolve the issue for you can you please export and attach the raw log from this deployment so I can investigate further. I’ve marked this conversation as private so that you can safely upload logs.

Thanks @mbaker, I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.