Space Variable during Action Step

Hi,

can’t find any variable during deploy in a step for getting the spaceID/SpaceName from the running step/Project, any ideas how can I get the SpaceID/Spacename during deploy Time of Project ?

Thank you.
James

Hi James,

Thanks for getting in touch! That’s a great question, and it looks like we haven’t updated our system variables doc page to include these new Space variables, which I’ll make sure to do soon (thanks for pointing this out)! These variables are Octopus.Space.Id and Octopus.Space.Name which should give you the information you’re after.

Also a quick note if you want to see all of the available variables during a deployment, and what they evaluate into for each step, you can enable these two variables in your project: OctopusPrintVariables and OctopusPrintEvaluatedVariables (both with values of True). These being included in a new release will print all of these variables to the task log.

I hope this helps, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

coolio,thank you my friend!

Hi @applepi,

You’re very welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime if you have any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny