../Server/Tools/Calimari.. not present. | docker-compose

Hey, I am trying to setup a local installation on octopus for learning and testing. I have setup a Ubuntu VM on Proxmox (Type 1 Hypervisor) with docker and docker-compose installed. I am following this article: Octopus Server Container with Docker Compose | Documentation and Support.

Now I am trying to run a “process” which involves running script on a UbuntuWorker docker container.
Using CONTAINER_USER=octopus gives error:
/var/run/docker.sock: connect: permission denied while its trying to pull the worker container image.
Using CONTAINER_USER=root gives error:
docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: exec: "/root/.octopus/OctopusServer/Server/Tools/Calamari.linux-x64/25.5.9-hotfix0001/Calamari": stat /root/.octopus/OctopusServer/Server/Tools/Calamari.linux-x64/25.5.9-hotfix0001/Calamari: no such file or directory: unknown.
I see the above mentioned path is indeed not present. /root/.octopus/OctopusServer/Server/ is present, but .../Server contains only one dir Work

Can someone tell what I am doing wrong?

Hi @talktoadi96,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus Support!
Sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues.

Would you mind uploading a process JSON of the project you’re deploying, please?
I assume that when you say you’re running a process on an Ubuntu Worker you mean you’re deploying from within Octopus, is that correct?

If this is the case, please upload your raw process JSON for the deployment process, just so that I can get an idea of what may be going wrong.
You can upload to our secure support files repo here: Support - Octopus Deploy

Kind Regards,
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.