Seeking Advice - Before/After Project Structures

Hi,

I have about 70 projects on your cloud offering. I would like to be able to create a 2nd generation of projects that unify approaches and integrate “lessons learned,” so to speak. However, I absolutely don’t want to double up the projects or clutter my dashboard.

What’s the best way I can segregate project “generations,” for lack of a better term, and cleanly transition to them when they are ready? Does this take a wholly separate account/server instances?

I have tried creating a new tenant but I can’t seem to segment off projects by tenant. Rather, projects are universal and applied to tenants. I realize I might be able to model these with code and use the API, but at that point I feel like I’m reinventing the web UI.

Thanks!

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your question!

My first suggestion is project groups, if you aren’t already using them. They are a very simple way of visually grouping your projects and you can also set a dashboard filter to only show certain project groups.

My second suggestion is a new feature we’re currently working on called Spaces which will allow you to split your server into distinct areas with very little overlap, which would fit your requirement perfectly! However, we’re still a little ways off being ready to release it, so unfortunately that won’t help you much at the moment.

Finally, my only other suggestion would be a new cloud instance as you suggested.

I hope this information is useful for you. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Regards,
Jayden

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.