Script Module not importing into Project

(Nick Blackburn) #1

Hi,

We’re using a script module which has been added through the Octopus Deploy UI. We’re using the script in one of our projects without any problems.
We need to use the same script module again in another Project and have added it to the Process. However during deployment we’re getting the following errors;

image

We’ve cloned the new project from the existing (working) project and updated the variables, but we are still facing the same issues.

Looking at the verbose logs of the task, we can’t see that the script module is even being imported.

We can see this in the working Project.

Thanks
Nick

(Daniel Fischer) #3

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting in touch! We generally see this error when the script module has not been added to the project, though it sounds like you have already checked this.

I’ll need to get some further information from you to better understand what could be going on.

What version of Octopus deploy are you currently using?

Would you be able to attach a screenshot of your entire deployment process page?

Would you also be able to attach the raw output from your deployment process?

Under Library -> Script Modules -> Usage, are you able to confirm that both project names are listed as using the script module?

The following information would be helpful in identifying what could be going wrong here.

Looking forward to hearing from you. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

(Nick Blackburn) #4

Hi Daniel,

Octopus version - Octopus v2018 8.6

Screenshot of Process
[[REMOVED]]

JSON Output for deployment process
[[REMOVED]]

We don’t have a Usage option from the Script Modules.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks
Nick

(Nick Blackburn) #5

Hi Daniel,

Have you been able to take a look at this at all?

Thanks
Nick

(Nick Blackburn) #6

I believe we’ve found the issue.

This was being caused by a hidden variable, which looks like its the script, which has environments assigned to it. Our environments for the new project weren’t in the list.

We found this by looking at ALL variable from the project and discovered the hidden variable that we can’t see in our Variable Sets list.

Nick

(Daniel Fischer) #7

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the update here. I’m sorry for the delay in getting back. I did some digging and was not able to immediately identify the issue. My next step was going to be to get details on your script module and the variables in both your working and non working project. I’m glad to hear that you have found the issue on this though.

If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Best regards,
Daniel

(system) closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.