Scheduled trigger is not firing for one specific project

I defined a scheduled trigger for a specific project to deploy everyday but it is not even firing (no logs in Tasks cause it’s not even a fail). I have 3 other scheduled triggers for different projects (and different channels) but for the same tenant, and those 3 work perfectly fine.

I use build 2022.1.2495

I looked in Configuration > Audit but there’s no related information in there.

Thank you for your help.

Hi @vincent.ladour,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Octopus community!

I’d be happy to help investigate why your scheduled trigger isn’t running as expected. To start, would you mind sending us a copy of your scheduled trigger logs? If you browse to Configuration > Diagnostics in the Octopus UI you should see a SCHEDULED TRIGGER LOGS option at the top. Once you click into the logs you have the option to download. I’ve created a secure upload link you can use to send us the logs.

I look forward to hearing back, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi @dan_close,

I do not have access to this SCHEDULED TRIGGER LOGS option, but I ended up finding the tasks logs (that were not in my tenant task logs) and it’s quite explicit: my scheduled trigger often tries to deploy the project with a release version that already exists, so it throws a DuplicateReleaseVersionException.

Now I struggle to find a workaround, considering:

• The Release Versioning of the project is set to Use the version number from an included package and I’d prefer to keep it that way.
  • The project I want to deploy with that trigger is frequently deployed on other tenants and on the same channel that I use, so it’s very likely that the release version that my trigger pick already exists.

Hi @vincent.ladour,

Thanks for getting back to me with this information. Would you mind sending a copy of the task log that contains the error? If you could also send over a screenshot of your Trigger configuration, that would be great. I’d like to set up a test with similar settings to make sure we can find the best way forward for you.

I’ve created a new secure upload link you can use to send us any files. I look forward to hearing back, and please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.