Schedule Trigger

Hi,
I’ve to deploy a package to three envt one after the other. The first one is auto deploy as soon as the release is created. The second should start after an hour the first deployment successfully completed. I want the 3rd to start after 30mins the 2nd deployment is successful. I can create separate triggers but does not stop if the previous has failed or if it is still being deployed. any idea or is there another way

Hi @endashaw.adane,

Thanks for getting in touch! This is a fantastic question, though I’m sorry to say it’s something I don’t think we have a super great solution for. That level of control isn’t possible in the current scheduled triggers. The best option that I can think of would be to:

1. add a simple script step to wait for a specified amount of time (you can bind the duration to a variable, and assign different values scoped to applicable environments), and
  2. Configure your lifecycle to automatically deploy through all three environments.

When the first environment is deployed to, that would then automatically kick off the promotion to the second environment, but then the first step would force it to wait until the remainder of the deployment continues.

An alternative could be to call the CLI in the last step of your process to execute the promotion, but to do this in the same project you’d have to ensure your lifecycle is configured in a way to allow a “promotion” to start before the first deployment has completed.

Would either of those ideas be helpful? I’d be interested to hear what you think, and please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for the response and idea. I’ll try that one

Regards,

Hi @endashaw.adane ,

Sounds good, thanks for keeping in touch. Let me know how you go, and don’t hesitate to reach out if I can try to help with anything else in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.