Roles: Read only project overview

Hi there. I am using the multi-tenant feature and I would like developers on my team to view the project overview page but not modify variables/steps in the process. The reason that I need this, especially with multi-tenant, is because I don’t want people to be able to deploy to customers but I would like them to be able to see which customers have what versions of deploys associated to them.

Thanks!

• Jerrod

Hi Jerrod,

Thanks for getting in touch! You should be able to add the developers on your team to the Project Viewer role, this role should have all the permissions required to access this page.

The following documentation on Multi-tenant roles may give you a little bit more information on this.
http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Multi-tenant+roles+and+security

Let me know if that helps, or if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Daniel

Hey Daniel, thanks for the post. Unfortunately that doesn’t do the trick. When I apply “Project Viewer” role, they can’t see the project overview but instead get this (attached).

Hi Jerrod,

Sorry! I thought the Project Viewer role has the ProcessView permission. What you could try is creating a new Role and add all the same permissions as the Project Viewer role including ProcessView. It will work the same as Project Viewer but also allow access to the page you need.

Best Regards,
Daniel