Reuploading a package does not increment the published date

Hello,

Running the second octo command further below multiple times in succession does not update the publish date in the REST api on successive executions, and instead keeps the original date the package was uploaded.

REST api call:
https://$octoUrl/api/packages/packageId.1.0.0.0

Octo publish command (note that paths are truncated for obfuscation and brevity):
. C:\Octo.exe push --package C:\Packages\packageId.1.0.0.0.zip --replace-existing --server $octoUrl --apiKey $key

I believe this is a defect. If the package is re-uploaded, shouldn’t the publish date change? This causes some problems for us in tracking the package dates in rare situations for comparisons etc.

Thanks,
Travis

Alternatively, if you feel this is desirable behavior, perhaps a field should be added to the REST api such as ‘lastUploadDate’

Confirmed UI behavior is the same, which calls this url:

/api/Spaces-1/packages/packages-packageId.1.0.0.0?includeNotes=true

|HTTPS|GET|200|application/json|1.68 KB|109 ms|XMLHttpRequest|0|0|109|0|0|35797|

Hi Travis,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit this incorrect behavior. We’ve seen this issue in the past where a re-upload of a package doesn’t update the indexed package data (including published date). You can reference the issue at the following link which was fixed in 2019.4.0.

Are you running a version prior to 2019.4.0, and if so does upgrading fix this bug for you?

Let me know how you go. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenneth,

We are on 2019.3.4. Thanks for the information! We’ll take a look at upgrading, and will report back if that doesn’t address it.

Thanks,
Travis

Hi Travis,

You’re very welcome! That sounds good, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.