Retention Policy not being applied

A project is linked to a lifecycle with retention policy:

But when the project deploys, the retention policy that seems to be applied is different:

How could this be the case? Is there a way to inspect the “retention policy” attached to a release? Is there a way to force apply a retention policy as the server is running out of space.

thanks in advance

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting in touch! That certainly doesn’t look right. Initially I suspected that perhaps this release exists in a different channel, which uses a different lifecycle that has its own retention policy configured for it. Is that a possible explanation in your case?

Retention policy details are printed out in verbose logging (with debugging variables enabled). The following doc page outlines how to produce and export this log.

Feel free to attach them here (and mark the thread as private if it contains sensitive info), or email us at support at octopus dot com and I can retrieve them there. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

thanks Kenny, I can’t find the button to turn it private. Sure its really obvious and user error. I’ll email the debug log.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for following up and letting me know. I’m confirming here that I’ve received your logs via email and we can continue the investigation there. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.