Report service project

We have some SSRS reports deploy projects in Octopus. We need to change the SSRS URL a little bit, but where can I find the URL in Octopus project?

Hi @AnneC,

Thanks for posting your question, and welcome to the community!

Most likely you have a step of type ‘Deploy SSRS Reports from a package’ in your Project’s Deployment Process, and it looks like the following:

Within that step you should see two settings for URLs to configure, the Url of SSRS Server service and Report Execution Url:

The first URL is the Report Service web service, and the second is for the Report Execution web service. If these are hosted at the same URL, then you’ll need to update both of them.

You might have seen it already but we have a detailed blog entry that goes through configuring and deploying SSRS reports you might find helpful, located here: Deploying SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports with Octopus - Octopus Deploy

The portion of configuring this within Octopus (likely what you’re after) starts here: Deploying SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports with Octopus - Octopus Deploy

I hope that answers your question, but let me know if you hit any issues and I’ll be happy to help.

Best,
Patrick

1 Like

Thank you. I did not see the URL for reporting server or reporting service.
here is the screenshot on the deploy package step:

Hi @AnneC,

Thanks for getting back to me with those additional details.

From your template, it looks like you’re after changing the Report Server field, which is bound to a Project Variable called Report_Server. Project variables can be found under Project > Variables > Project, and you should be able to change the URL there.

If you don’t see the Report_Server variable under the Project > Variables > Project, it could be part of a Library Variable Set.

Let me know if that helps!

Best,
Patrick

Thanks, I checked the project variable, all variables, I do see ther is a report server, but there is only report server computer name there, there is no URL

Hi @AnneC,

I’m stepping in for Patrick as he has gone offline for the day, but I’m happy to help!

I’m sorry you are still running into trouble updating this particular URL, but if you don’t mind I’d be glad to jump on a call and help sort this out.

I will be around today until 5 PM PST, and typically work 9:00AM-5:00PM PST during the week.

Let me know if you are able to meet up today and I can send over a Zoom invite, otherwise we can try to set something up for next week.

Best regards,

Britton

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.