Remove environment from project

Hi there -

Right now I have multiple environments set up for different pieces of software. Some pieces of software need to be pushed to some environments but not others. I was wondering how I could just have a subset of environments within a project.
For example, let’s say I have environments dev-software1, dev-software2, staging-software1, staging-software2, prod-software1, prod-software2. Let’s now say that I have 2 projects: Software1 and Software2.
How can I get the Software1 project only showing me dev-software1, staging-software1, prod-software1 and the same with Software2 project?

Thanks!

Hi Jerrod,

Thanks for getting in touch! It looks like you are after Lifecycles. Lifecycles allow you to control the way releases are promoted between environments.

You can create a Lifecycle by going to the Library tab and selecting Lifecyles. From this page, you can create a new Lifecycle, example: Software1
For the Software1 Lifecycle, you can define different phases of the Lifecycle, example: dev-software1, staging-software1, prod-software1.

You are able to set the Lifecycle for your project and on the process page inside your project.

Your project’s releases will now deploy through the Software1 pipeline that you have defined.

Your projects may have different Lifecycles and thus different deployment pipelines, which is why we suggest Lifecycles. It is a good idea to read up on the Lifecycles documentation as it will give you a lot more information and a step by step guide.

Let me know if you have any further questions or if you run into any issues with this.

Best Regards,
Daniel

This is exactly what I was after. Thank you so much!

Hi Jerrod,

No worries at all! I’m glad I could help. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Daniel