Release page slow

Hi,

We’ve just upgraded to 2019.12.2 LTS and the performance hasn’t got any better on the Release page (#/{space}/projects/{project}/deployments/releases/{version}). In the case for our 46 process step project it takes almost 5 seconds for the page to appear.

The culprit seems to be the /api/{baseSpaceId}/deploymentprocesses/{id}/template endpoint.

Is this to be expected? Is there some tuning somewhere we can do to improve the response?

Many thanks,

Ant.

Hi Ant,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’re trying to reproduce this issue, and we will get back to you soon.

Thank you,
Ankith

1 Like

Hi Ant,

In order for us to get a better understanding of where the issue could be. Would you be able to provide us the following? -

• JSON export of your deployment process (with sensitive values excluded)
  • Export of your Google Chrome (or another browser’s) Network activity
  • Export of your Google Chrome (or another browser’s) Performance activity

You can securely upload these files to us, using the support tab within your https://octopus.com account, please see attached screenshot.

Screen-Shot-2020-02-11-at-10-48-45-am

Please let me know if you run into any issues with the export and upload process.

Regards,
Ankith

Hi Ankith,

I don’t have an Organization under my Account drop-down, as the Octopus Deploy instance is managed by the client I am working for.

Is there another way to send the files through?

Thanks,

Ant.

Hi Ant,

You can use this link - https://file.ac/21euCO1oZvDPYkXIHNJ2wg/ to upload the documents.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thank you,
Ankith

We are facing this issue now.
Do you have a solution for this ?
How this got addressed ?

We haven’t followed the issue up to be honest. It still takes around 6 seconds for the endpoint to return.

For us it is taking 15 minutes. It’s a large instance
I am In discussion with octopus Engineering team to find the issue

Hi @anoop4mail and @antmeehan,

Thank you kindly for following up, and sorry to hear you’re both still being affected by this performance issue on your Release pages. I’ve seen this pop up once just recently and it was narrowed down to being due to this known open bug as reported here:

It looks like all the details you’ve provided here line up with that bug. I’ve included a link in that issue to this thread for further context. Since it’s come up again recently I’ve brought this up with my team for further discussion and to prioritize it.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any further questions going forward!

Best regards,

Kenny