Release Notes - Team City and Octopus Deploy

Hello,

I am using Team City and Octopus Deploy. Is there a way to generate some release notes in Team City? From my understanding I can pass in the param releasenotes when creating a release, the tricky part is compiling a list of commit messages in team city to create these release notes. Have anyone done this before?

I realize this is more of a Team City question than Octopus Deploy but I figured someone might have done a similar integration before.

Thank you!

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for getting in touch! This is certainly possible and indeed others have done similar before. :slight_smile:

I’ll point you in the direction of our documentation which covers the ins and outs of this comprehensively. First is our TeamCity integration page which discusses the Octopus Deploy: Build Information custom build runner used to “add information about the build, including work items and commit messages, that is then stored in Octopus Deploy.”

An example using this step, and what the results look like can be found in this doc page.

Does that help get you going? Feel free to reach out if you have any questions along the way and we’ll be happy to help in any way we can. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.