Release Name hyperlink in Jenkins Pipeline

Hopefully this is the right place, but I was wondering if it is at all possible to update/change the name from OctopusDeploy - Release, to the name of the project that the release is being created for?

Hey Nate,

Thanks for reaching out.

I don’t believe there’s a way to do that currently, but I definitely see the use case for that. I’ll double-check with the developers of the plugin and see if there’s a parameter to do that, otherwise I think this is a good candidate for a feature request.

Please feel free to reach out in the meantime.

Best,
Jeremy

Hey Nate,

Just circling back around. I spoke with our devs and they are looking at what it would take to get this implemented. No ETA, but this should likely be a part of the plugin in a future update.

Please feel free to reach out in the meantime with any other questions or concerns.

Best,
Jeremy

Hey Jeremy, Thank you for looking into that for me, I really appreciate it! You guys rule!

1 Like

Hey Nate,

I went ahead and created a public-facing issue for you to track: If there are multiple Deploy Release/Deployment steps in Jenkins Pipeline, they do not have specific names and are hard to discern between · Issue #131 · OctopusDeploy/octopus-jenkins-plugin · GitHub

Just as a heads up, if you ever want any improvements in any of our plugins I believe they are all public repos and our integrations team does review external PRs.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. If not, I hope you have a great rest of your week!

Best,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.