Release details screen error: "Sequence contains no matching element"

We have been trying to clean up references to old channel environments that we have decommissioned. When we got to the step of trying to remove those channels from the projects that may target them, we found we were not able to remove the channels without first removing the releases that were created for those channels. However, when we go to the details screen for the release, we see no details or actions, and only the following error message. I have also included a screenshot.

When looking for information about the error we found a report and a proposed solution here: Project Overview error - Sequence contains no matching element · Issue #2790 · OctopusDeploy/Issues · GitHub. However, the query there which is meant to list the records in need of repair yielded nothing. So, we suspect the source of this issue is different.

Here is the error screen information:

Sequence contains no matching element

Octopus v2019.4.7

Sequence contains no matching element

System.InvalidOperationException at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable1 source, Func2 predicate) at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Actions.ReleaseTemplateAction.ExecuteRegistered(String id) at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder`1.Respond(TDescriptor options, NancyContext context) at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2) at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.OctopusNancyModule.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<get_Routes>b__1(Object x) at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

Hi Cammerman,

Thanks for reaching out and I’m sorry that you’ve hit this issue.
The great news is, this issue has already been fixed and was shipped in version 2019.5.1. (https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/5555)

Follow our upgrading guide here: https://octopus.com/docs/administration/upgrading

Let me know how you go and happy deploying!

Kind Regards,

Dane

That’s great news. We’ll put an upgrade on our roadmap and hopefully see this issue resolved soon. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.