Regarding Channels

Hello, I just started using Channels. I have question if we use multiple channels for one project can we automate the build when ever we get new build from respected channels branches.

For Ex:
I have project in Octopus Name “Website”
Currently we are deploying from Masters (GIT) to Respected Environments using Octopus
Now we are Planning to Replicate the Masters Branch with New Branch For Ex: “Vanilla” . So when i push new build to Vanilla branch. I am getting the build in Octopus. So now using Vanilla channel for Website project “can i automate the release instead of selecting vanilla or default channel before deploying”.
So by using 2 different builds and 2 or more Channels for one Octopus project can we automate complete deployment process ???

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, Auto Release Creation/Deployments only work for one Channel per project. Alternatively, you may want to try:

• Use one of the build-server extensions, or octo.exe to create releases instead of using ARC - this will automatically determine the best channel based on the release being created
  • Choose the channel that will be used most commonly for automatically creating releases, and create releases manually for the other channels.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Thank you so much for your time.

Anytime! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have further questions.