When you drop down the “Projects” menu item there is an area where it shows the 4 most recently viewed projects. For some reason the first two projects have been stuck on there and will not be replaced with projects that I actually have recently viewed. I have not viewed the two projects in question for quite some time (at least 3-4 months). Is there a way to clear that out or reset it so that it’s actually showing the most recently viewed projects?
Never mind…I figured out that Recently Viewed projects are stored in local storage so I just cleared the
octoRecentProjects key and hopefully that will do it.
Thanks for reaching out and for the update. I had a couple of questions if that’s okay.
- Which version are you currently running?
- Where is that key you cleared out? The Octopus DB?
- Had you by chance tried in a private browser to see if they were the same? Are all users seeing the same projects?
- Did the change you made alleviate the issue?
Looking forward to hearing back.
Thanks for the reply, @jeremy.miller. I’ll try to answer your questions as well as I can:
- v2021.2 (Build 7580)
- I cleared the key from local storage on my browser.
- I didn’t try it in private browsing mode, but I suspect that would have resolved the issue since it would not have had access to the same local storage data. I checked with other members of my team, but it seems I was the only one experiencing this issue.
- I have verified that the Recently Viewed list of projects is now properly updating as I move among projects.
You’re very welcome! Thanks for answering all of those questions and confirming you’re good to go. I just wanted to make sure something more wide-scale wasn’t happening we needed to tackle, but it seems like it was a local browser issue as you suspected.
Please reach out if you run into any other snags. I hope you have a great rest of your week.
This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.