Queued deployment hides executing deployment in Overview

Hello,

I’ve just noticed that in the project deployment overview, if you have an executing deployment and then queue another deployment into that same environment it “hides” the executing deployment.

For example, with the following releases:

• Release 0.1.0-unstable2311 deployed to DEV earlier today
  • Release 0.1.0-unstable2311a currently deploying to DEV
  • Release 0.1.0-unstable2311b queued to deploy to DEV

The overview page looks like this:

i.e. it’s not showing a row for the release which is currently deploying to DEV. If I go to the details for deployment page for 0.1.0-unstable2311b I see this, so it’s definitely still running the previous deployment:

I can understand hiding the release row for multiple queued deployments, but it seems important to show currently executing deployment on the overview page as that lets me know the environment might be unstable for a few minutes until the deployment has completed.

Cheers,

M

Actually, maybe I’m missing something - my deployment of 0.1.0-unstable2311a to DEV failed, but the release still didn’t show in the Overview table once the deployment of 0.1.0-unstable2311b started:

Here’s the overview page with 0.1.0-unstable2311b running:

and here’s the results of the deployment of 0.1.0-unstable2311a:

Could you confirm whether the row for 0.1.0-unstable2311a should even be appearing in the overview page? I’ve got myself into a bit of a pickle now over how I thought it was supposed to work :-S

Cheers,

M

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this confusing behavior. However, based on what you’ve outlined and some testing in my local instance, I believe this is actually the intended behavior.

The overview page only shows a release, where the deployment to the first environment in its lifecycle failed, when it’s the latest release. In other words, if there’s a newer release that’s been deployed, it displays that (regardless of failure or success) and the previous successfully deployed releases. It doesn’t show older releases that failed to deploy to the first environment, as it suggests it’s a failed release that shouldn’t be promoted, and isn’t current.

I hope that helps clarify this behavior. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.