Push Packages to Octopus step suddenly failing from TFS

Hi, we are suddenly getting the following error when pushing packages to Octopus from TFS. Would you have any ideas of the cause? Is there a limit to the stream length and if so can this be increased?

Unhandled exception from web server processing POST to https://deploy.e5workflow.com/api/packages/raw?replace=True: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
System.Net.HttpListenerException
at System.Net.HttpRequestStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
at Nancy.IO.RequestStream.MoveStreamContentsToFileStream()
at Nancy.IO.RequestStream.MoveStreamOutOfMemoryIfExpectedLengthExceedSwitchLength(Int64 expectedLength)
at Nancy.IO.RequestStream…ctor(Stream stream, Int64 expectedLength, Int64 thresholdLength, Boolean disableStreamSwitching)
at Octopus.Server.Web.OctopusNancyHost.ConvertRequestToNancyRequest(HttpListenerRequest request)
at Octopus.Server.Web.OctopusNancyHost.Process(HttpListenerContext ctx) System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request
at System.Net.HttpRequestStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
at Nancy.IO.RequestStream.MoveStreamContentsToFileStream()
at Nancy.IO.RequestStream.MoveStreamOutOfMemoryIfExpectedLengthExceedSwitchLength(Int64 expectedLength)
at Nancy.IO.RequestStream…ctor(Stream stream, Int64 expectedLength, Int64 thresholdLength, Boolean disableStreamSwitching)
at Octopus.Server.Web.OctopusNancyHost.ConvertRequestToNancyRequest(HttpListenerRequest request)
at Octopus.Server.Web.OctopusNancyHost.Process(HttpListenerContext ctx)
August 12th 2019 15:21:42
Error
An exception was thrown disposing the HttpListenerContext.Response whilst dealing with an unhandled exception: An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection
at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.IO.Stream.Close()
at System.Net.HttpListenerResponse.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at System.Net.HttpListenerResponse.System.IDisposable.Dispose()
at System.Net.HttpListenerResponse.Close()
at Octopus.Server.Web.OctopusNancyHost.SafelyHandleProcessException(Exception e, HttpListenerContext httpListenerContext, NancyContext nancyContext)

Hi @pnolan,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry to hear you’re hitting this issue pushing your packages to Octopus. As far as I’m aware, there’s no stream length limit. We’ve seen users push very large packages without any issue. Can I ask some questions to understand your situation better?

What’s the size of the package you’re pushing?
Are you seeing this issue on every push, or is it intermittent?
Could it be in relation to a network-type issue like a firewall?

I hope this helps narrow down the cause of this. I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.