Publish Octopus via f5 for Azure Devops connection

I want to connect Azure Devops to our on premise instance of Octopus deploy. Our on-premise sites are published via f5 as our authentication provider. f5 can easily pass on the Ad credentials to Octopus which is configured to use AD authentication. My issue is when I will need to pass an API key to Octopus from the Azure Devops service connection it will be challenged for credentials.
Is there a way around this other than bypassing f5 or letting octopus handle authentication?

Hi @gford,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately I don’t think there will be a way on the Octopus side to allow for this, and it sounds like it would probably need to be configured on the F5 side. Note that I’ve never tried this, but since the API key is included in the header, you could possibly create some logic to recognize when the API key is present in it, then bypass your AD authentication if it’s there. Would something like that help out?

Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks @Kenneth_Bates
I think you are right, I was hoping otherwise. I think your suggestion could work, but it may be a plan B for now.

Hi @gford,

Thanks for following up. I’m sorry I couldn’t give you better news. I’d be interested to hear the result if you go down that route!

Best regards,

Kenny