Providing a nuget feed is not valid for inline scripts

When trying to import step templates from one server to another, I get this error thrown:
“There was a problem with your request. Providing a nuget feed is not valid for inline scripts.”

I’ve been able to solve it for now by removing the line “Octopus.Action.Package.NuGetFeedId”: “feeds-builtin”," but I was wondering if there was another solution? Or an explanation on why this occurring.

Hi Cale,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Can you confirm what version of Octopus are on the respective servers?

In version 3.3.8 or so, extra validation was added to ensure that inline scripts don’t attempt to download a nuget package (see https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/2438). It looks like there was an issue with previously stored templates which was fixed in 3.3.10. Other than that, if the servers are at the same level, then they should export and import okay.

If you are on one of the affected versions, the best approach is an upgrade, or if that is not possible, then the manual removal during the import.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Matt

From: matt.richardson [mailto:tender2+d4933bdfe5@tenderapp.com]
Sent: Friday, 19 August 2016 1:18 PM
To: Cale Banfield caleb@pdsonline.com.au
Subject: Re: Providing a nuget feed is not valid for inline scripts. [Problems #47091]

The server the project was exported from was v3.3.0. The server we’re trying to import to is v3.3.24.

Cheers,

Cale Banfield

Hi Cale,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

It does indeed appear you are running into the improved validation / fix that was released in 3.3.8.

The best way to avoid this issue is to ensure that you are running on the same version of Octopus for both the import and the export. Until you’re able to upgrade the server, however, the quickest approach would be to continue with your manual editing of the step template before import.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Not a problem at all. So just to clarify, there are no negative impacts from manually removing the line “Octopus.Action.Package.NuGetFeedId”: “feeds-builtin”,"?

Regards,

Cale Banfield

Hi Cale,

Thats correct - there are no negative impacts from removing that line. As inline scripts don’t use packages, this line is redundant.

Cheers,
Matt

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.