Prompted Variables + Automatic Deployment

I have a prompted variable in my project that is set to ‘false’ by default. This variable controls the execution of a process step, i.e., whether a particular process step should execute or not.

I have also set up this project to automatically deploy to a specific environment when I create a new release. But it seems that the prompted variable is somehow set to ‘true’ and the step gets executed every time I create a new release. I am able to confirm this because I have a post-deploy script for the step which outputs the value of said variable.

Is there a way to prompt the user to select a value in all situations, including environments where automatic deployment is enabled?

I found the issue: for some reason the variable’s control type was set to “single line text box” instead of “dropdown”. It was resolved after making this change.

Hi,

Thanks for the update here! I’m glad to hear that you resolved your issue.

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch in the future if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.