Project Variable Template not transforming

I’m new to tenant deployments and am not having any luck transforming files with Project Template variables. Project variables are scoped to Application Development, Staging and Production and are working OK, just not the template variables.

I’ve attached a copy of the logs:
ServerTasks-82738.log.txt (163.0 KB)

From what I’ve read its a scope issue but I can’t find it.

This is an example of the template variable:
Annotation%202019-07-24%20073719

This is how it shows in project variables / All:

This is the connectionstring variable in the transformed file:

“connectionstring”: “#{connectionstring}”

I see the error in the logs but don’t know how to fix it:

Octostache returned the following error: `The following tokens were unable to be evaluated:

Hi Scott,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing all of that helpful information! These variable values are defined on your individual tenants, so when deploying to a tenant it will pull the value as defined on the tenant in question. In your log, it looks like this was an untenanted deployment, in which no variable value was applicable in this context. Do these variables evaluate as expected when deploying to your tenants?

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

Kenny,

The project variables are replaced as expected. The project template variables however are not replaced. I have a single tenant attached to the project and to the appropriate environment.

Scott

Kenny,

OK, my Development channel is set:
Releases in this channel can be deployed to any tenants

But I see on the release screen:
Annotation%202019-07-25%20074819

I feel like I’m missing something simple here… That should be deploying to Service Fabric Development Cluster 01.

Thank

Scott

Kenny,

I think I got it working now. I’ll have to visit my deployment scripts and turn on Tenanted deployments and also turn tenant on for the tentacles.

Thanks for all your help,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for following up, and that’s great to hear you got it working as needed! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.