Project Groups not appearing on projects page after creation (1.6.3.1723)

Hi there.

We are using Octopus 1.6.3.1723.
On our projects page we have 3 project groups and each group has 3 projects.
All environments and machines are configured and working correctly.

When creating a new project group from the project page, filling out the Name, environments and retention policy, nothing appears on the project page after the save post back. When refreshing the page, the existing 3 groups still show.

I have taken a look in the RavenDB console and they all seem to be added in the Documents section, but if I look at “ProjectGroups” under “Collections” they are not there, only the Default and the existing ones are there
Is this is bug in this version ?

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

It’s a “quirk of usability” :slight_smile:

After adding a project group, the project group will be created, but it is empty. We don’t show empty project groups by default because there could be a lot of them if you don’t have permissions to view the projects in them.

To show the empty project groups, there is a link at the bottom of the projects page “Show empty project groups”

We’ll try to make this more clear in the future.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response :slight_smile:

I thought it may be something silly on my side.
So I am on the projects page http://mysite/projects where I can see my project groups that have 3 projects each. After adding a new project group, I cannot see the “Show empty project groups” link anywhere.

I have tried in IE11 and latest download of Chrome.
I have attached two screenies if that helps.
Perhaps this link is not part of the version I have ?

Thanks for all your efforts :slight_smile:

Hi Marcel,

I’m sorry, you did specify 1.6 in your subject line - I was thinking of 2.0

In that case it sounds like there’s a problem with the query that is listing project groups. Could you see if this solves the problem?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that. I have tried all those steps in the link and it cleared out the indexes as expected.
After restarting Octopus service and application pool, it did not seem to help the issue.

It seems like the project groups collection in raven DB is capping us at 5 and 4 of them are on the dash board, the other 1 is the default one which does not appear.

Anything we add, gets in the database and we can view any newly created project group under the Documents section in raven DB. However, the “ProjectGroups” collection under raven DB only ever displays 5.

Seems like the issue lies within our raven DB instance ?

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Yeah, it sounds like a problem with Raven. I don’t suppose you’ll be upgrading to 2.0 any time soon?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I think our interim solution would be to temporarily add the new required projects to one of the existing project groups and we are looking at an upgrade this week.
I think that should solve it.

Thanks for your efforts on this.

Marcel