Project Deployer can't "assign to me"

We use several manual intervention steps before we actually deploy our applications. Think of a tester, who has successfully completed all tests and can therefor deploy the application to the next environment.

Is there a reason why a user with the “Project Deployer” role can’t see (and therefor use) the “assign to me” option? To me this doesn’t make sense.

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you confirm whether the manual intervention step has any ‘Responsible teams’ set? If so, can you confirm whether the tester/project-deployer user is a member of those teams? If this is the case, this is intended behaviour, as the manual intervention step can only be assigned to someone from the responsible teams.

If this is not the case (and you don’t have any responsible teams set), please let us know and we’ll go from there.

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark,

You were right. The manual intervention step required a specific team membership which the user didn’t have.

The step was based on a custom step template, so the responsible teams weren’t directly visible on the step settings page. Wouldn’t it be a good idea to show more of the custom step template details on the settings page of the steps that are derived from it?

Best regards,
Raymond

Hi Raymond,

Glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Which version of Octopus are you guys using? In the case of custom step templates, unfortunately there is that slight disconnect between the project step and the step template itself. In version 3.0.19, we added a link to the step template from the project step, so users could more easily click through to the template. If you feel this could be improved by showing more details of the step template (the step, the step parameters, the step settings?), you could raise a Uservoice suggestion and if it gets enough support from the community we will look at improving this in a future release.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark,

We’re running v3.3.22, so we have the link to the step template. I just added the suggestion to Uservoice.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Raymond