Problems with jenkins

im not able to configure octopus in jenkins.

Jenkins__Jenkins_.pdf (178 KB)

Hi,

The information you have given us is a little light here, the error in the PDF looks to be a Jenkins error and not an Octopus error.
If you are able to provide us more information about how you are tying to use Jenkins with Octopus, we will be able to be of more help.

At what point in the process are you getting the error message?
Could you send through a screen shot of your Jenkins settings page?
It would also help to get a screen shot of your Process page in Octopus.

If you have not already looked, we have some great documentation on using Jenkins with Octopus that you could check out.

There are also some great community resources with other customers own experiences using the two together you could look at.
http://uhaciogullari.github.io/blog/2014/04/20/integrating-jenkins-with-octopus-deploy/

Again, we are more than happy to help you get this up and running but will need a bit more info.

Looking forward to hearing from you and helping you get your deployments running smoothly. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for quick response. i have downloaded the octodeploy pluginin
jenkins. when i try to set the octopus url and APIkey in jenkins
configuration it is showing that error.

kindly help by providing the documents.

The document which you provide does not need an octopus plugin. kindly help
me.

Thanks in advance.
Rakshitha

Hi Rakshitha,

We actually do not have an official plugin for Jenkins, the plugin you are using is a community creation.
Would you be able to attach a screenshot of the page in Jenkins where you are inputting your URL and API key?

The backed of the plugin however uses Octo.exe so if you were interested in reading about how Octopus uses Octo.exe here is the link.

Regards
Daniel

Hi Daneiel,

Actual problem is i’m not able to push the nuget package which is already
packed. (i don’t want to run the the msbuild. i just want my jenkins to
push the packaged nugetfile to octopus repository and deply it.)

below is the command which i use for push

NuGet.exe push asp.netdemo.1.0.0.nupkg -ApiKey -Source
http://localhost/octopus/packages
http://localhost/octopus/packages

command is executing and output is saying pushed. but in the repository is
not found. is there any problem with my repository url. kindly explain me.
i have confusion here.

Thanks
Rakshitha

Hi,

Below is the error im facing in jenkins and command i have written for push.

[image: Inline image 2]

[image: Inline image 3]

Hi Rakshitha,

Thanks for getting back with the info. From the screen shot with your Jenkins error message I can see the following. File does not exist (asp.netdemo.1.0.0.nupkg)
So it looks like Jenkins can not find the file you are trying to push to Octopus, which explains why it is not there after the push.
NuGet.exe Is looking in \Jobs\Demo_Octopus\workspace folder for the package you are trying to push. If the package is not there you will need to specify a file path in the push command.

Could you try adding the file path for the package in the push command. As an example: NuGet.exe push C:\packages\asp.netdemo.1.0.0.nupkg
Then could you try to run the push again and advise us of the results or any other error messages you get?
Everything else in your command looked fine so specifying where this file is should fix the error.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

i tried with the command as you suggest. but it is giving the same error.

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]

And i have doubt in source parameter in the command.
In the command it is mentioned source path is octopus/nuget/pacakges but in
my local there is know nuget folder inside octopus folder and please tell
once it is pushed to octopus where i can see the nuget file in octopus web
dashboard.
please refer the below screenshot.

[image: Inline image 3]

image.png

Hi Rakshitha,

Can you please show an image of where Demo_Octopus.1.0.0.nupkg exists on your Jenkins server from your build? You cannot push the package, because it cannot find the package. The command is saying it cannot be found TO push the package. Can you please provide a screenshot of this package and its directory path on your Jenkins server. The push happens TO the Octopus Server from Jenkins. You haven’t reached Octopus yet, as NuGet push is failing on finding a package to even start the stream.

You are looking in the wrong place, we are trying to help. Where is your package?

Vanessa

my package is C drive

please find the screenshot below

Hi Rakshitha,

So you need to change the package name to c:\packages\Demo_Octopus.1.0.0.nupkg you aren’t defining the entire path or file name.

Vanessa

i have given the full path. please check the screenshot in the previous
mails.

please find the command screenshot

You haven’t. You have done the full package name (including the extension) and you have added the path but without the extension on the filename. You have never added it like I have given the example, with both the full path AND the extension. Please just try it.

Vanessa

Hi Rakshitha,

You have: c:\packages\Demo_Octopus.1.0.0
You need: c:\packages\Demo_Octopus.1.0.0.nupkg

Do you have any team mate that can help you with this? I do not feel I can explain it any better. I am sorry.

Vanessa