Problem with Variables and Installation Folder

Hi,

I have a project that is working correctly from start to finish. I am now trying to add a second project that is deployed to the same servers (Dev, Test and Live). The second project deploys to dev without a problem however when I try to deploy to test the files are installed into the C:\Windows\System32\ folder in a folder called #{CustomInstallDirectoryTest} which is the name of the variable I have set for the test folder. So under variables I have:

CustomInstallDirectoryTest with a value of C:\inetpub\wwwroot\testms\website

In the Deploy To Test step under processes and the section Custom install directory I have

Install to #{CustomInstallDirectoryTest}

However when I deploy to test the files are copied to:

C:\Windows\System32#{CustomInstallDirectoryTest}

If I set the Install to option to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\testms\website the files are copied to the correct folder.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

I am using Octopus Deploy 2.6.4.951

Thanks Fred

Hi Fred,

Thanks for getting in touch! This usually occurs when there is a scoping issue for that variable. If there is an issue with the scoping the variable will not expand and refer to the default System32 folder.

Are you able to confirm that the Variable #{CustomInstallDirectoryTest} is correctly scoped?
Would you also be able to attach a screen shot of your variables and their scoping in both the working and not working project?
One last thing, a screen shot of where this variable is in use would be handy.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Daniel