Problem with Transfer Package step in an Offline Package Drop

I am using an Offline Package Drop to perform a deployment into an environment with limited network access. The files are dropped to a location that I will call [BigLongUncPath]. After running a deploy via Octopus I copy all the files from the [BigLongUncPath] location to the restricted access server. The target server cannot see the [BigLongUncPath].

Part of the deployment Process is a “Transfer Package” step to just copy a zip package directly to a target location. However this step fails with the error message “Could not find package file: [BigLongUncPath][Project][Version]\Packages\MyPackage.zip”. I can see that the package exists on the server but it appears as though it is trying to copy it from the location that it originated rather than a path relative to the deploy script (on the target server).

Is this a bug or is there something I should be doing differently.

Hi @craigmo,

Thanks for getting in touch!

That does indeed appear to be a bug, I’ve raised an issue to get it resolved. Feel free to follow the issue so you are notified when it’s resolved and added to a production release.

Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully we can get this sorted quickly for you.

Let me know if there is anything else you need in the meantime,

Regards,
Alex

Hi @craigmo,

Just wanted to let you know that the fix for this issue will be included in the next production release for Octopus (2018.8.7) which I would expect to be released early next week.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Regards
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.