Problem with install

Hi
After installing I am getting this

the GUI hangs on checking credentls and I can’t enter user name and password.

Hi William,
Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry for the long delay in getting back to you here and I’m also sorry to hear you are seeing the UI hang after installing Octopus. I’m interested to know if you have installed and ran this Octopus Server in a domain environment.

Also, could you please check out which account is running your Octopus Server, in the Services Console? If you do have Octopus configured with Active Directory, I believe it’s possible Octopus can’t contact your domain with the account running the service. Typically local system is fine for this account, but you can also chose to run Octopus with an account that is a member of Active Directory, possibly the Domain Administrator for troubleshooting purposes if domain admin works, we can work on getting a suitable account to run the Octopus Service.

I would also like to link you to our Troubleshooting Active Directory integration documentation page as well just to help you troubleshoot in the meantime but I will also be interested in working with you to get to the bottom of this one!

Kind regards,
Lawrence.

Hi

It is running as local system. One new odd thing is I can run the gui when I added a binding to localhost:8000 it hangs still with the FQDN which does resolve

Thanks

Will

Hi William,
Thanks for keeping in touch and sending through the update! I believe we may have encountered similar behaviour to this if your Windows computer running the web browser doesn’t trust the origin so therefore blocks certain cookies that are required for login.

Perhaps you are hitting this issue. To conform, I believe you would need to use Internet Explorer to ensure that the domain you’re browsing to is being recognized as a “Trusted Site”

I look forward to hearing if this helps!

Kind regards,
Lawrence.