Problem importing 2.6 octobackup to 3.0

Hi, I have the following error when trying to import my 2.6 octobackup to my 3.0 server:

2015-09-03 11:17:41.2111 1 ERROR ===============================================================================
2015-09-03 11:17:41.2951 1 FATAL The requested service ‘Octopus.Shared.Versioning.AppVersion’ has not been registered. To avoid this exception, either register a component to provide the service, check for service registration using IsRegistered(), or use the ResolveOptional() method to resolve an optional dependency.
Autofac.Core.Registration.ComponentNotRegisteredException: The requested service ‘Octopus.Shared.Versioning.AppVersion’ has not been registered. To avoid this exception, either register a component to provide the service, check for service registration using IsRegistered(), or use the ResolveOptional() method to resolve an optional dependency.
at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable1 parameters) at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.Resolve[TService](IComponentContext context, IEnumerable1 parameters)
at Octopus.Core.StorageModule.<>c.b__0_1(IComponentContext c) in Y:\work\refs\heads\release\3.1.0\source\Octopus.Core\StorageModule.cs:line 68
at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass11.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable1 p)
at Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable1 parameters) at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable1 parameters)
at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func1 creator) at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute() at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable1 parameters)
at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable1 parameters) at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.Resolve[TService](IComponentContext context, IEnumerable1 parameters)
at Octopus.Core.StorageModule.<>c.b__0_2(IComponentContext c) in Y:\work\refs\heads\release\3.1.0\source\Octopus.Core\StorageModule.cs:line 74
at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass11.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable1 p)
at Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable1 parameters) at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable1 parameters)
at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func1 creator) at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute() at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable1 parameters)
at Octopus.Core.StorageModule.<>c.b__0_0(IComponentContext c) in Y:\work\refs\heads\release\3.1.0\source\Octopus.Core\StorageModule.cs:line 48
at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute()
at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable1 parameters) at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable1 parameters)
at Autofac.Features.LazyDependencies.LazyRegistrationSource.<>c__DisplayClass51.<>c__DisplayClass7.<CreateLazyRegistration>b__4() at System.Lazy1.CreateValue()
at System.Lazy1.LazyInitValue() at Octopus.Migrator.Commands.MigrateCommand.Start() in Y:\work\refs\heads\release\3.1.0\source\Octopus.Migrator\Commands\MigrateCommand.cs:line 81 at Octopus.Shared.Startup.AbstractCommand.Octopus.Shared.Startup.ICommand.Start(String[] commandLineArguments, ICommandRuntime commandRuntime, OptionSet commonOptions) in Y:\work\refs\heads\release\3.1.0\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\AbstractCommand.cs:line 57 at Octopus.Shared.Startup.ConsoleHost.Run(Action1 start, Action shutdown) in Y:\work\refs\heads\release\3.1.0\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\ConsoleHost.cs:line 72
at Octopus.Shared.Startup.OctopusProgram.Run() in Y:\work\refs\heads\release\3.1.0\source\Octopus.Shared\Startup\OctopusProgram.cs:line 87

The provided master key is correct. It seems there’s a component missing, I do not see Octopus.Shared.Versioning.AppVersion in my Octopus program files directory.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see from your stack-trace that this error is occurring with the 3.1 pre-release? If so, it seems we may have a problem with migrating from 2.6 -> 3.1. I have raised an issue, which we will address as a high priority.

In the meantime, you could install the latest 3.0 version, and let it import your 2.6 backup. At that point, if you are particularly looking to install the 3.1 pre-release, you can then install it to upgrade to 3.1. In otherwords, go 2.6 -> 3.0 -> 3.1, rather than 2.6 -> 3.1.

I hope this helps. I apologize for this issue, and we will get it resolved as soon as possible.

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the tip, I’ll try migrating to 3.0 first and will let you know if we encounter other issues

Cheers

Just for your information, we have published a new version of the 3.1 pre-release. This should have resolved the migration issue you were experiencing.

Regards,
Michael

Great news! Thanks for the heads up Michael

Vathana