Problem creating users

Ive created users in the application but they cant seem to log in. How do i get support for this?

Hi @jweaver,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry about the confusion you’ve stumbled on here. Are you using our cloud platform? If so you can invite users to your instance from your Octopus ID.

If that doesn’t apply, could you send us a screenshot or error message that you’re seeing when this user attempts to login after they’re created?

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

See the attached.

Hi @jweaver,

Thanks for following up! Is this user only unable to login to Octopus.com, or are they also not unable to login to your Octopus instance?

I think the only thing needed is to send a user invite to this email address from Octopus.com (logged in with a user who has an Octopus ID) as shown in the doc page below.

Let me know if that helps you get going, or if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

They are able to login into octopus.com but unable to login to our instance.

-Jason

see the screen shot below

I’m still having trouble with this. Is there any way to get live support? I’m at a client who wants to purchase this but we need to get it working.

-Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for following up! I’m sorry to hear you’re still hitting this issue. I’ll be more than happy to schedule a time to have a call. I actually hit this same issue myself, where the issue was that the email invitation to join the instance was caught in my spam filter, which I had to go digging to find. This email has an Accept Invitation button, which when clicked (when logged in with the invited user on octopus.com) granted me access as needed. Is that perhaps the same missing piece here in your case?

My apologies about the inconvenience this has caused you, but I hope this helps! Let me know how you go or if we can assist in any other way.

Best regards,

Kenny

We can log into octopus.com but not into our instance. I would be glad to schedule a call. Also I’m good with scheduling at night if that is better for you.

-Jason