Prevent using Environment name as deployment folder

Hi,

When a site is deployed, the Octopus Environment name is used as the deployment folder.

If I use a Custom Install Directory the site is deployed to the custom directory & the Environment name directory. So I have 2 deployments.

Is it possible to use a target deployment folder that doesn’t use the Environment name as a folder?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! When Octopus performs a deployment we create and extract everything to the directory you see, which is named based on information from the deployment. Project, Environment, release, etc. When you specify a custom installation directory, Octopus initially performs the deployment at that default location before running any scripts/configurations needed and copying everything to the custom directory. An overview of this behavior can be seen in our documentation here.

You are able to use the retention policy feature to remove these deployments, however this is an automated processes and Octopus will always keep the directory for the current deployment + 1(the previous)

The retention policy can be set to keep more but deployment + 1 is the minimum.

Let me know if you have any further questions here.

Best regards.
Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Thank you. That makes a lot more sense.

Kind regards

Hi,

No worries at all! Feel free to get in touch at any time. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel