PRB - Deployment fails with error "There must be at least one enabled healthy machine"

PRB - Deployment fails with error “There must be at least one enabled healthy machine”.

Please help,

We are using Octopus 5.7 and 7.10.
We are getting the following error trying to deploy a project from both versions:

==============
There was a problem with your request.

•There must be at least one enabled healthy machine to deploy to in the environment, or the Project Deployment Target settings must be set to allow deployments to empty environments. Once you have corrected these problems you can try again. If the problem is related to a variable you will need to update the variables for this release or recreate the release for the changes to take effect. If the problem is related to the deployment process you will need to create a new release for the changes to take effect.

Please provide exact screen by screen steps to fix this.
Do note, we have seen many other posts on how to fix this, but none seem to apply.

I got past this error.
I had to delete the release, and recreate it.
It is obviously a BUG in Octopus.

I found more BUGs.
If one changes the steps, the release does not update, and continues to execute them.
I have to delete the release and recreate it.

Hi @J-S-B!

Thanks for getting in touch! I think this confusion stems from how Octopus works when it comes to release and deployments.

It is important to understand the difference between Releases and Deployments .

As you defined your deployment process, you specified the steps that must be taken, the packages and services to deploy, the scripts to run, and the variables to be used that are required to deploy your software.

When you create a release , you are capturing the deployment process and all the associated assets (packages, scripts, variables, etc) as they existed at that time. The release is given a version number, and you can deploy that release as many times as you need to. You can even deploy that specific release as it existed at the time the release was created, even if parts of the deployment process have changed (those changes will be included in future releases).

When you Deploy a release, you are executing the deployment process with all the associated details, as they existed when the release was created.

You can Deploy a Release as many times as you want to.

If you change the deployment process (variables/targets/steps), you will need to make a new Release to incorporate the updates.

I hope this clarifies how things work in this arena, but please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.