Poor Performance on Deployments page with a lot of release/deployment notes

I have an environment that gets releases about roughly quarterly. And have another environment before it that gets releases roughly weekly.

Each release is created using the Azure Devops Build Pipeline tool, Here, which takes the git changelog and adds release notes. Those release notes are combined to create the Deployment Notes.

Since the Environment that gets releases quarterly is much slower the Deployment Notes are huge. This leads to the deployments page to never load, I can’t actually see the top level status of the deployment due to this. Sometimes it will lock up chrome.

Is there any way to truncate these notes or disable them for specific environments?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch, and I’m sorry you’ve hit this problem.

I’ve raised an issue here that captures this problem. We have a good idea about how to fix this issue and I believe we should be able to address it quite soon. Keep an eye on that GitHub issue to monitor our progress.

In the mean time, there are no great workarounds. The ones I could think of are mentioned in that GitHub issue, but they are not particularly good solutions.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Tom

Awesome, thanks.