Path issue when deploying to tentacles

I’ve upgraded from Beta to 1.0.18.1294 and when I attempt to deploy a package (stage 2) I get the error:

2012-07-17 19:20:43 INFO Preparing to upload packages
2012-07-17 19:20:43 INFO Uploading packages…
2012-07-17 19:20:44 ERROR A child activity failed: Could not find a part of the path ‘D:\Octopus\Applications.Tentacle\Packages’.

2012-07-17 19:20:44 ERROR System.ServiceModel.FaultException1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Octopus\Applications\.Tentacle\Packages\'. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Octopus\Applications\.Tentacle\Packages\'. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler1 resultHandler)
at System.IO.Directory.EnumerateFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.d__14`2.MoveNext()
at Octopus.Tentacle.Deployment.Packages.UploadedPackageStore.GetFileForPackage(PackageMetadata metadata) in c:\BuildAgent\work\7bf5272a44079f5\source\Octopus.Tentacle\Deployment\Packages\UploadedPackageStore.cs:line 44
at Octopus.Tentacle.Deployment.Packages.UploadedPackageStore.DoesPackageExist(PackageMetadata meta…).

I’ve checked a couple times to ensure that my configuration on the tentacle doesn’t have a period on it but is just: D:\Octopus\Applications\ (I’ve tried with and without the trailing \ ).

It seems an extra period is getting put in the path

Hi Rob,

The .Tentacle is added automatically by Tentacle, so that part is expected. It looks like Tentacle is not automatically creating that path when starting up, which is a bug. I’ll fix it in the next release, but as a workaround, can you try creating that folder path manually? You might need to use MkDir from the command line to create the .Tentacle folder.

Paul

Hi Rob,

This is now fixed: http://octopusdeploy.com/downloads?version=1.0.19.1297

Paul