Parameter value lost when scheduling the deployment of a release

I’m running Octopus version 2018.04.6 and found the issue where Parameter Values are lost when scheduling the deployment of a release. Do you know which version this has/will be fixed in?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry you’re hitting this unexpected behavior. Unfortunately I’m unsure that I understand the issue you’re seeing. Would you be willing to expand a bit on this behavior to help me attempt to reproduce this issue?

When you say parameter values, are you referring to prompted variables where you provide the value to it at deployment time?
Are you scheduling the deployment of this release in the deployment page, or are you configuring a scheduled trigger?

I’ve tested defining a prompted variable and scheduling the deployment of the release in my local instance running 2018.5.6, and the default value for the variable doesn’t get lost.

Any and all relevant information will be appreciated to help me investigate. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Kind regards,

Kenny

Prompt Variables where you provide the value and scheduling the deployment of this release in the deployment page. Instead of using the new value provided it uses the default value.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing that additional information. I’ve tested this in 2018.5.7 and the new value I provide for the prompted variable is retained correctly when scheduling and deploying this release. Are you able/willing to upgrade to latest and let me know if this fixes the issue for you?

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing back!

Kind regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.