Parallel deployments of same project to same environment

Hey!
Lets say we have an AWS ASG with ~60 servers, registered with Octo as same environment.
If facing sudden traffic on the system, the ASG scales that up to 80 servers instantly.

Currently, the way it is set up is, Octopus Deploy does deployments on these new nodes sequentially (with each taking around 20 minutes, considering the amount of packages to be deployed as part of the process) and thus defeats the purpose of instant scalability.

Is there a way we can enable parallel deployment of a project to the same environment?

Good afternoon @Naman.Kumar,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support and sorry to hear you are seeing issues with parallel deployments. I was wondering if you could elaborate on the issue you are seeing here so we are able to best direct and advise.

Do you know where the deployments are hanging (20 minutes is quite a long time for a deployment of a package), is it at the acquiring the package stage or the uploading/deployment of them. Can we get a raw task log of one of the deployments so we can see the process?

Do you know if your Server Task Cap may be affecting this at all, for instance, is that set to 5 and you have more than 5 tasks so a few of them are queued?

Are the servers that are part of your AWS ASG workers that are part of a worker pool or are they tentacles you are deploying to?

If you have anymore detail on your setup and what kicks off the scale up of the extra servers that would help us to see if there is anything we can recommend. If you can send us the raw deployment log of one of the tasks that runs I have created you a secure link here you can use. Let us know once that has been uploaded as we are not notified when a customer uploads to our secure site.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Kind Regards,
Clare

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.