Packages.InstallDirectory

Hi Paul,

I’ve recently installed Tentacle 0.9.511.2528 on our boxes and on one of them even though I’ve changed the location specified in Packages.InstallDirectory in the .config the Tentacle continues to install to C:\Octopus\Tentacle\Agent - is there some reason for this behaviour? The main difference between the box that ‘misbehaves’ and the other which seems to respect the setting is that the one that ‘behaves’ is installed to drive D, whereas the ‘misbehaving’ tentacle is installed on drive C.

Can you please take a look and let me know if there’s a an issue and possibly a workaround?

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

In Octopus 0.9 there are two Tentacle.exe processes running - one is the Windows Service, the other is a child process it spawns. You may need to ensure you terminate both instances from task manager before starting the service after making the config change. Let me know if this does or doesn’t help!

Paul

Please fix it so that the service despawns/terminates the child processes when the service is stopped. This is rather counterintuitive as it stands at the moment :slight_smile:

Hi Henning,

I agree, I’ll include a fix in the next release :slight_smile:

Paul

Sent: 14/11/2011 11:29
To: Paul Stovell
Subject: Re: Packages.InstallDirectory [Problems]