I am trying to display markdown on a dacpac report in an manual approval step.
I have the following setup:
- step 1: Create xml and run script to convert it to markdwon, saving this text to an octopus output variable
- step 2: Display the markdown report in a manual intervention
In step 1 I output the report and it shows line breaks correctly.
However when I view the “instructions” in the manual intervention step it is all condensed into one line and therefore not rendering correctly.
How can I display the report output in a manual intervention step?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for reaching out! How are you converting this XML to Markdown? I have a feeling that this is related to the kind of encoding that conversion is using.
If you could share me a snippet to convert an XML into markdown, I could test this on my end.
Thanks for the quick reply octopus has such great support :).
Here is the relevant powershell commands that converts the xml to markdown and saves it to a variable:
and here is an example of an xml report used as input for the powershell script:
Finally this powershell script saves raw markdown to an output variable. You may find it useful in trying to reproduce this issue.
Sorry to disappoint you without speed this time! I had to take a few hours off last week as I got a terrible cold. I’m back on board feeling a lot better now
I tested this in Octopus
3.13.7 using your 3rd snippet and It seemed to work just fine for me. Check the attached screenshots for reference.
- Which version of Octopus are you currently running?
- Could you please follow the below steps and send me a full deployment log so I can check the values of the variables?
1) Add these 2 variables to your project http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Debug+problems+with+Octopus+variables
2) Create a new release (so the new variables take effect) and deploy it. If possible skip as many steps as you can and only leave step we are troubleshooting in order to avoid the noise in the log.
3) Send us the raw log of that deployment http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Get+the+raw+output+from+a+task