Option for "Octo.exe pack" to include empty folders

We are using “Octo.exe pack” to create a ZIP file of our deployment package. I have noticed that empty folders are not included in this ZIP file. Is this by design? Can we influence this behavior? Are there plans to include such option?
Kind regards,
Bastiaan Molsbeck.

Hi Bastiaan,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry about the unexpected behavior here. I’ve been able to confirm this when using Octo.exe to pack into Zip or NuGet files. Digging into it, we’re using the NuGet library, and while NuGet has a flag to include empty folders (ExcludeEmptyDirectories which you can reference here), we unfortunately just don’t use that at the moment. And the file enumerator for the Zip code has an option to include empty directories, so we’re currently considering implementing this ability in general.

I’ve raised an issue to address this which you can track at the following link. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry it’s not better news for the time being! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.