One critical and multiple high vulnerabilities discovered on latest octopusdeploy/tentacle image

I’m storing a customization of octopusdeploy/tentacle in an AWS Private Container Repo that has “basic” scanning enabled. That scanning is reporting one critical and multiple high level CVEs against the container image.

Can you update the published image of octopusdeploy/tentacle please? If you like I can log a github issue against the image?

Note that one of the first steps I run in my Dockerfile is to apt update

Critical:
CVE-2015-20107

High
CVE-2019-8457
CVE-2022-24765
CVE-2022-29187
CVE-2021-33574
CVE-2022-23218
CVE-2019-25013
CVE-2022-23219
CVE-2021-3737

Sincerely
Pete

Hey Peter,

Thanks so much for alerting us to this. I’m going to pass this information along to our engineers. I will get back with you if there are any questions or feedback. Please feel free to reach out in the meantime or with any other questions.

Best,
Jeremy

1 Like

Hey Peter,

I spoke with our engineers last night and they had the following to cascade:

The CVEs are a result of us using a base image that’s no longer supported, but the good news is we’re almost done upgrading Tentacle to .NET 6. We’ve confirmed that the .NET 6 build only has LOW CVEs and is considered secure. We’re looking to ship this with 2022.4 very soon, so the fix is on the way. To cover our bases we confirmed that our Windows image gets the latest patches every night.

Please let me know if that helps or if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,
Jeremy

1 Like

Cool - I’ll keep an eye on the tags on octopusdeploy/tentacle and rebuild mine what that updates

Cheers
Pete

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.