Old Calamari folders, needed?

on a number of our servers, we have as many as 10 separate tentacles installed (for different tenants using that same server). and so in the c:\octopus folder, each tentacle’s folder has a Calamari folder, and in that folder are four version folders. at the moment I’m seeing 3.0.1.393, 3.0.15.430, 3.0.21.486, and 3.1.0.510. the four folders take up 345MB. multiply that by 10 and we’re using up 3.5G. on most servers this is not a problem, but on a few it is.

so, do I need to retain all four version folders in each of the c:\octopus\xyz\Calamari folder? or do I only need the most recent versioned folder?

thanks.

calamari_folders.jpg

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out. Only latest is needed, you can delete the rest. I’m gonna bring this up to the team and see if there’s some kind of automatic cleaning we can do here.

Thanks,

Dalmiro

thanks.

I second that, automatic cleaning of these old files is essential.

HI,

We discussed this with the team and created a github issue to come up with a strategy to implement an automatic cleanup for old calamari files.

You can track the discussion/progress on this link: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/2243

Thanks,
Dalmiro