Offline for Deployment outside of Outage Window

Hi,

We have our outage window configured as 2PM to 4PM UTC (which is midnight to 2AM in Brisbane/AEST time); however we had the Cloud Octopus instance go down today after 2PM Brisbane/AEST time.

Are you able to check whether the times in the Octopus account management area are correctly in UTC or if they are getting misinterpreted somewhere along the way as local time?

-Leigh

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you’re able to share your instance name I can take a look at the logs for this and see what occurred.

Regards,
Paul

Hi,

The instance name is “Shelter Management”.

Regards,
Leigh

I’ve taken a look at your instance and the maintenance window is working correctly. The last time the instance was taken offline during the maintenance cycle was 6 days ago, and this was during the correct time frame.

Looking at the logs though, it does look like there may have been a service restart around that time. I’m going to reach out to our cloud team to see if they can provide any further details.

Hi Leigh,

Our engineers have taken a look at the instance and it does look like the instance encountered a problem and the automation detected this and performed a restart.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for investigating. I appreciate it.

Regards,
Leigh

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.