OD2.0 Unexpected token in expression or statement

After importing OD1.6 data, and trying to deploy an existing release, we get the following error when executing a step.

@@@
predeploy.ps1
10:35:12Error
Unexpected token ‘¸rDMSInteressenterDevId’ in expression or statement.
At C:\Octopus\Applications\Dev\DMS.KvkService.Prerequisites\2013.5.0.364_15\Boo
tstrap.7a35b424-f24c-4e74-8d61-9bd4818dfffd.ps1:146 char:48

• $OctopusActionNotificǸrDMSInteressenterDevId <<<< = [System.Text.Encoding
    ]::UTF8.GetString([Convert]::FromBase64String(“YWN0aW9uLTE4Y2QzMTY1LTk5NmItNDQ0
    OS1iZWU3LWU2YTYwZTIwNDdkMw==”))
    • CategoryInfo : ParserError: (¸rDMSInteressenterDevId:String) []
      , ParseException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken
      10:35:12Warning
      The script returned an exit code of 0, but output was written to the error output stream. Please investigate any errors in the script output above.
      10:35:12Fatal
      One or more errors were encountered when running the script.
      @@@

Note that prior to this step are 3 e-mail steps, with bits of the unexpected token string in. Works fine in OD1.6.
I’m using OD2.0.13.1100

Also fails if I create a new release.

Hello,

Can you shed any light on what this is?

¸rDMSInteressenterDevId

Do you know where the “¸” would have come from?

I think we’re trying to create a variable with that name in PowerShell which isn’t supported. Do you have a variable with that name in your variables tab?

Paul

Hi

I do not have any variables which contains this. However I have 3 steps (see screen shots). The step which probably causes this error is called ‘Notificér DMS Interessenter Dev.’ and it has an accent mark of the e in ‘Notificér’. This is probably not supported.

I’ve tried to rename the 3 steps, and it seemed to get past that error, but hit another. Note that it fails in step 4 (see screen shot).

Can this be an error, from the import?

Hi Jasper,

I think we have two issues here.

First, PowerShell files appear to use a different encoding when we invoke them; a variable named “$NotificérDMSInteressenterDev” ought to work, but it looks like it is being read with the wrong encoding and so it fails. That’s why this broke.

The second problem is that although you renamed your steps, the step hasn’t been renamed in all places - we have an open bug report about this:

For now you’ll need to manually change the deployment process for your project in RavenDB, or wait for the next release where we’ll fix this bug, or delete the step and re-create it.

I’m sorry for the trouble, we’ll try to fix both of these issues soon.

Paul

I’ve fixed the issue with PowerShell and encoding, it will be in a new release that I’ll put out today.

Paul

Hi Jasper,

This should now be fixed:

Paul

Hi Paul

I will be importing the final 1.6 backup tomorrow - Is 2.1.2.1190 stable for production or should I run through all 80 projects and remove any international characters (æøå also fails) :slight_smile:

Hi Paul

I’ve tried 2.1.2.1190 but unfortunately it still doesn’t support a series of danish characters (æøå). I’ll have to go through all the steps name manually and replace the illegal danish characters. Would still love to hear, if 2.1.2.1190 is stable enough for a production environment.

Hi Jasper,

Yes, 2.1 is stable enough at this point for production use. We’re working on some minor issues in the MSI before marking this one “official” but don’t expect to change the code in any significant way before the full release.

Regards,
Nick