OctopusBypassDeploymentMutex for step

Hi.
We have a project that is deployed on multiple tenants simultaneously and one of the steps takes fair amount of time and all these deployments are waiting for each other to run this step. But it is safe to run this step on multiple tenants at once. Can we somehow do this? I can’t set OctopusBypassDeploymentMutex on the project level, since some of the steps can’t be run at one time, and this is ok, they are completed fast, so I need to have some setting to allow simultaneous run of one specific step.

Hi Denis,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately we do not really have a neat way to handle this on the Tentacle. However, we do have an idea which should help you achieve what you need here.

Since we can not define the OctopusBypassDeploymentMutex for a specific step, you will need to have another process execute this step.

The method involves using workers. You could scope the step you need to run in parallel to a worker pool which could contain multiple Tentacle instances. You could scope this step to execute on the worker pool on behalf of the target. This will essentially allow you to run just this step in parallel, but will require multiple Tentacle instances.

Does this help?

Let me know what you think here or if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks, I’ll try workers method

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.